Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Blender, SuperTuxKart and The Battle for Wesnoth.

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Blender, SuperTuxKart and The Battle for Wesnoth.
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 20:37:09 -0300

If you are refering to the thread I posted in this list, then I would
like to cite myself:

#+BEGIN_QUOTE

The rule of not referencing to third-party repositories commited to the
GNU FSDG, however, seens to only apply to functional/practical
data/works.

#+END_QUOTE

... So far, we are in agreement that it only seemed to affect
non-functional/practical data/works.

However, I continued:

#+BEGIN_QUOTE

Furthermore, the GNU FSDG mentions, in the section about non-functional
data
([[https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.en.html#non-functional-data]]):

[...]

So far, I have made some basic empirical observation how Battle for
Wesnoth's campaigns work, and I found structures that look similar to
scripts because some of the campaigns' files have "[if]", "[or]" and
"[else]" statements.

Besides, from the second quote from the GNU FSDG, the new licensing
rules in Battle for Wesnoth's add-ons repository would allow licenses
that forbid sharing and selling original copies.

#+END_QUOTE

That said, I *do* recognize that I failed to explicitly say that the
user-made content repository includes campaigns.

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com