Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Using the Linux Liberation Scripts

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Using the Linux Liberation Scripts
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 04:47:14 -0700 (PDT)

Gpast_panama <address@hidden> wrote ..
> What modifications would typically be required to port it to an
> alternative kernel tree, if the former?

It depends on what has changed. As an example, if you were to look at
what Trisquel does, they have modified the deblob scripts to catch
additional things that Canonical has added to Ubuntu's kernels that
don't come in the one from kernel.org.

> neither of us know for certain if this is sufficient to produce a
> blob-free kernel.

deblob-check may be useful here, but I think it would ultimately need
manual investigation.