Re: LGPL reverse engineering clause & Java

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LGPL reverse engineering clause & Java
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:53:03 +0100

>> > First sale (aka copyright exhaustion) doctrine.
>>
>> Fine.  Tell that to Microsoft's legal department.  It will come as a
>> surprise to them, no doubt.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/09/04/german_court_ruling_triggers

This is not exactly about a ruling that you can make an arbitrary
number of copies that you then resell.  It is about requiring
resellers to only bundle "OEM versions" of Microsoft with computers.

This is the last time I look into a link you specify since you are
obviously not even reading yourself what you cite, and there is little
point in exerting more labor than you do.