Re: GDL Guidebook : Help please !

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: GDL Guidebook : Help please !
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:54:51 +0100

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 19:02 -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Mark writes:
> > I have a personal project to write a guidebook for Project Management.
> > I'd like to publish it under the GNU Free Documentation License.
>
> The GFDL in its present form is non-free and somewhat buggy.  I suggest the
> GPL (yes, you _can_ use it for documents).  Failing that I suggest one of
> the free Creative Commons licenses such as the attribution-only license.

This is a ridiculous statement.

IF you use INVARIANTS, then it fails the Debian Free Software
Guidelines.

However, the DFSG is flawed when used against documents.
Because of a flawed reasoning, the RFCs have been moved into non-free.

Its infantile to treat GFDL as if it was a software license.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?