Re: GPL 3 and patents question

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL 3 and patents question
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 18:54:04 +0100

   No: This was even covered in GPL2:

     8. If the distribution and/or use of the Program is restricted in
   certain countries either by patents or by copyrighted interfaces,
   the original copyright holder who places the Program under this
   License may add an explicit geographical distribution limitation
   excluding those countries, so that distribution is permitted only
   in or among countries not thus excluded.  In such case, this
   License incorporates the limitation as if written in the body of
   this License.

Interesting, I completely forgot that section.  Thank you for bring it
to my attention, will have to think about it for a while.

I have never seen this section in actual use.