Re: Commercial code is better: Cedega VS Wine

From: Linønut
Subject: Re: Commercial code is better: Cedega VS Wine
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:19:05 -0600

After takin' a swig o' grog, David Kastrup belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>> Let RMS post himself.
>
> To change the tune (but not the gist) of the hysterics of a
> pseudonymous well-known troll?  Come off it.

So you are saying that Karl, on behalf of Richard, deliberately
responded to a well-known troll?  Are you calling them troll-feeders?

> Of course you would give
> damn about the veracity of any source, including RMS himself.  Karl is
> the president of probably the largest international user group for a
> particular piece of free software (TeX).  Only a lunatic would think
> he'd impersonate RMS.  But you are a self-proclaimed lunatic, anyway,
> as expressed in your pseudonym behind which you hide.

Logic isn't your strong suit, is it?

For what it is worth, my real name is made evident in my headers.  I
made the mistake of using my real name and e-mail address, and all it
bought me was a ton of spam.  Hence the obfuscation.

> Why should anybody bother about the insinuations of a troll?

I don't know.  Why ARE you bothering?  Why did RMS (through his proxy,
Karl), bother?

Given the evidence presented, my doubts about the nature of Karl's post
have been somewhat lessened.

However, I have even less doubt that "Karen Hill" is enjoying this
exchange immensely.

--
Q:  Why does a GNU/Linux user compile his compiler?
A:  Because he can.