Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- "Stallman, he is truly pure" says Bill Gat

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- "Stallman, he is truly pure" says Bill Gates
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:46:43 +0100

Williams (uh... drunken EASTERBROOK...) says that

http://news.com.com/Gates+on+Vista%2C+Linux+and+more+-+page+3/2008-1012_3-6136350-3.html

"Stallman, he is truly pure; unlike many people who sort of try to act
that way, he's pure. In V3 (version three of the General Public License)
he's going to really make it clear that there's the world of "can never
be (commercialized)"--nobody can ever make money on it, you know, build
Web services or things. At least he's pure."

So that's going to be harder to work with?

Gates: Who knows? I don't know. That's his world. The GPL is. The free
software world is way, way bigger than that, and that will always be
there. That's a noncontroversial thing that we love. We make some of
our stuff free, some of our stuff we charge for. It all seems to have
worked out so far. "

He he.