Re: Does it do that?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Does it do that?
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:01:22 +0200 (CEST)

   >    >    What if you want to make a huge amount of money to use
   >    >    for _good_, world-benefitting purposes?
   >    >
   >    > What if I enslave millions of people so I can have them work
   >    > on solving the issues of poverty, our energy needs,
   >    > polution?  The question is meaningless since the `what if'
   >    > bit is to big.
   >
   >    So then how do you solve said issues?
   >
   > If I knew how, they I would have solved it.

   I was not asking for specifics on how to do it, but rather if it is
   *possible* to do it in what you consider a "morally acceptable"
   way.

Again, if I knew how to do it, then I would solve it.  You also imply
that it is only possible to do good by doing bad, which is absurd.

   >    Can I go off and start my own renewable energy company even
   >    though I have nowhere near the cash to build even the smallest
   >    of manufacturing plants?
   >
   > You have to start somewhere.

   But could a free software business provide enough money to start
   those other businesses?

Sure.

   And like it or not, you do need money to do things in this world.
   Maybe you can't solve everything with just money, but if you have
   no money or very little money, you are in a much worse position to
   do things than if you have more money.

Ofcourse.