Re: Breach of Third-Party Beneficiary Contract, in Florida

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Breach of Third-Party Beneficiary Contract, in Florida
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:50:07 +0200

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> writes:

> On 4/21/2010 9:28 AM, RJack wrote:
>> Hyman Rosen wrote:
>>> Where do you see any distribution to "all third parties"? You are just
>>> amazingly confused.
>>
>> "You must cause any work that *YOU DISTRIBUTE* or publish, that in whole
>> or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part thereof,
>> to be licensed as a whole at no charge to *ALL THIRD PARTIES* under the
>> terms of this License..."
>>
>> If your reading comprehension is that limited, I'm afraid I can't help
>> you Hyman.
>
> Again, where do you see that any distribution to "all
> third parties" is required? When you distribute your
> work under the GPL, you grant a license to all third
> parties under the terms of the GPL.

No, you have to _cause_ the work to be licensed under the GPL.  That
means that if you give it to others to redistribute, you have to hold
them responsible for redistributing licensed under the GPL, regardless
to who they distribute.

This is a GPLv2 clause.  GPLv3 does not use similar wording.

For whatever it is worth.

--
David Kastrup