What free software based online backup service would you recommend? Are

From: wempwer
Subject: What free software based online backup service would you recommend? Are there any?
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 19:42:31 +0200

Hello,

I am looking for a way to keep my important stuff safe. Currently I am using
rsnapshot to backup my entire system on an external drive connected to my
router. I have installed OpenWRT on my router and I keep my config files in git
repository set on my router. But I would like to keep some of the important
things such as photos not only at home but also on a server in a different
location in case of fire, burglary etc. It would be good if I could upload all
files at once using the script and if there were no restrictions on files size.
I would still encrypt everything with GPG but I would like the service to be
free software for security. I could pay a reasonable amount of money for the
service for it to be reliable. I don't need any fancy website interface or
standalone client. I don't need a synchronization service, I would send files
on my own when I would need it. I guess that buying some space on the FTP
server is my only choice here. What would you recommend?