Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 00:34:02 +0100

Ruben Safir, le lun. 28 oct. 2019 18:53:25 -0400, a ecrit:
> On 10/28/19 6:31 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > It is not a question of reference to human sexuality only. It is a
> > question of saying that a particular (non-)sexuality status is something
> > that shall be fixed, as if it was shameful.
>
> There is nothing be said about anything being shameful at all.

One of the ways the "joke" was presented is

  "we believe that taking her emacs virginity away is a blessed act"

which does carry a lot with it. More recent ways of presenting it is

  "we believe that offering the opportunity to lose emacs virginity is a
blessed act"

which carries less, is more positive (offering vs taking), does not
specify his/her, but still says that losing virginity is an opportunity,
i.e. virginity is something that you'd want to fix.

Samuel