Re: feta-custodes.mf doesn't seem to build

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: feta-custodes.mf doesn't seem to build
Date: 28 Nov 2000 08:07:47 -0500

    Mats> This is weird. The custodes symbols are included in the
    Mats> feta20.tfm, feta16.tfm and so on, just as all the other
    Mats> feta-*.mf files in the mf/ source directory.
    Mats> What exactly did you run when you got this message?

ly2dvi on input/test/ancient-font.ly does it.

    Mats> Was it from lilypond or from (La)TeX? I can't understand
    Mats> where this font file could be requested.

The final message is:

        ly2dvi Latex failed

If I run lilypond and tex separately, lilypond finishes without errors
and tex says:

)kpathsea: Running mktexmf  feta-custodes

! I can't find file `feta-custodes'.
l.38 ^^Iinput feta-custodes
                           ;
Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
l.38 ^^Iinput feta-custodes
                           ;
(some charht values had to be adjusted by as much as 0.5601pt)
(some chardp values had to be adjusted by as much as 0.39998pt)
Font metrics written on feta16.tfm.
Output written on feta16.600gf (141 characters, 40276 bytes).
Transcript written on feta16.log.
mktextfm: `mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input feta16' failed.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

! Font \fetasixteenfont=feta16 not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
<to be read again>
                   \def
l.12 \def
         \fetafont{\fetasixteenfont}
?

    Mats> Anyway, if you upgraded from a version older than 1.3.101,
    Mats> you have to get rid of all the old .tfm and .*pk files
    Mats> on your system, since the fonts have changed.

I did that.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139