Re: lily 1.3.112

From: Harti Brandt
Subject: Re: lily 1.3.112
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:37:10 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I'm in the process of updating my .ly files to 1.3.112 (the last version I
used was somewhere .60). I noticed a strange thing: when I set autoBeamOff
lily barfs on J.S.B's Praeludium 2 that it can't break the line. In fact
even if I only include the upper voice into the score (and this is all
groups of 1/16 notes, four of them always beamed together), I get only two
(very long) lines of output with the above error. If I switch to
autobeaming it works fine, except that spacing in measures with
autobeaming is different from measures without autobeaming. In
non-auto-beamed staffs there is no space between the bar and the first
note, for example. I suppose, that autoBeaming should not influence
spacing (if manual and automatic beaming give the same beams). I'm right?

And second, what about the warning 'Can't find ascii characters 127.'?

Regards,
harti
--
harti brandt,