Re: Converting Lilypond to ETF, Sibelius or Finale

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Converting Lilypond to ETF, Sibelius or Finale
Date: 10 May 2001 12:05:07 +0200

Henrik Behrens <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to publish my compositions at www.scorchmusic.com and I
> need Sibelius or Finale files for that.

Maybe they haven't heard of LilyPond; why not try to convince them to
publish LilyPond source or PostScript scores?  It may tell you what
they're really after.

Hmm, on second thought, its a *real* smelly requirement.

    whois scorchmusic.com
     Billing Contact:
        Matthewman, David  address@hidden

Ah that figures, it's a promotional site for Sibelius.

> Is there any possibility to convert Lilypond files to the Sibelius
> or Finale formats?

Why would you want to do that?  If you have music in LilyPond source,
you can publish it at www.mutopiaproject.org.

> Maybe something like ly2etf would be a first step to do this.
> Anybody working on it?

Well, I give you little chance for getting support for proprietary
software in LilyPond.  But you can always export MIDI, and work from
that.

Jan.