Re: Step by step maybe i manage get llily working...

From: David J. Roundy
Subject: Re: Step by step maybe i manage get llily working...
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 17:09:15 -0700

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 01:28:15AM +0200, Michele wrote:

> > > the heads of the notes are like the "fermata" character...
> >
> > I would try looking in /var/lib/texmf and/or /var/spool/texmf and removing
> > any directories named lily that you find.  Then reinstall lily 1.4 and run
> > texhash (assuming you're using tetex).
>
> it fixed the fonts of xdvi!!! , ghostview showed already the right fonts but
> when i print out the score the note heads are like "$". I know questions
> like this could be boring but i looked for all the directories called lily
> and deleted them. Where can i find the fonts used by lpr to print the notes
> (if it could be some help i've got a laserjet 6l).

Now you've got me stumped.  I have an inkjet, and in that case lpr actually
runs gs, so it's guaranteed to come out the same as it looks in gv.  I have
no idea what could be causing it to come out differently on your laserjet.
:(

Hmmmm.  In a pinch you could convert into a bitmap format or something, but
that would be a terrible kludge...
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/