Re: Fix for PDF output

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Fix for PDF output
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:44:41 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> I've been wandering through the PDF spec myself, and it does have
> support for Type 3 fonts.  It might make sense to try to convert the
> existing PFA's into Type3 fonts that the PDF engine can handle.
> That's the bit I was starting to map out before I got overloaded with
> other work. :-)

You should look into converting the type 3 to type 1 fonts, that has
much more advantages (eg. installing the Feta font into X11, so denemo
can use it). The difference between type-3 and type-1 is that type-1
only allows a limited set of operations (drawing and stroking bezier
paths, I guess), and stores the data in a specific form. It should be
possible to generate type-1 fonts from the MetaPost; unfortunately, I
don't know if whether this would be a difficult hack.