Re: Lilypond 1.4.1 and macros, lyrics

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Lilypond 1.4.1 and macros, lyrics
Date: 23 May 2001 09:36:46 +0200

"Jan Skola" <address@hidden> writes:

> \context Staff \outputproperty #(make-type-checker 'dynamic-interface)
> #'extra-offset = #'(0.0 . 2.0)

> as you see I need move dynamic mark 2 unit higher, everything works fine,
> but
>
> I need to write a macro, where I put two numbers in it and it generates code
> like I wrote above. Is it now possible?

We don't do macros in LilyPond, but why do you need them?

> My second question is why are syllables in lyrics overlapping, is it needed
> to move every one overlaped syllable by hand?

Syllables should never overlap, unless you ask for it.  It seems from
looking at your .ps file, that the length of the words is not
calculated correctly.  You're using characters with accents, that
don't exist in TeX.  If I run your .ly file through LilyPond, nothing
overlaps, but none of the accented characters 'e `a are printed.

I think you should use:

   \'e \`a

etc, but I'm not really sure.

> Thank you for your answer.

I've sent this to the mailing list; please send any other questions
there too.

Greetings,
Jan.