Re: manual-clef.ly

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: manual-clef.ly
Date: 09 Jun 2001 21:11:51 -0400

    Han-Wen> address@hidden writes:
    >> I think clefPosition and clefOctavation are broken in 1.4.0 and
    >> 1.4.2.  Compare the output of input/test/manual-clef.ly in
    >> 1.4.2 with 1.3.150.

    Han-Wen> I don't have 1.3.150 around, and manual-clef seems ok to
    Han-Wen> me over here; note that you must set centralCPosition
    Han-Wen> manually as well, if you don't use \clef.

The input file hasn't changed, and in 1.3.150 the note c'4 changes
position on the staff when you change the clef, and in 1.4.2 it prints
on the ledger line below the staff (in other words, where it would be
with a treble clef) no matter what the value of clefGlyph,
clefOctavation, or clefPosition is.  Is centralCPosition something new
that should be added to manual-clef.ly?  Is there a way to have
convert-ly at least warn you that you should do this?

Also, if this is the way it's supposed to work now, centralCPosition
should be added to the documentation of \clef, which currently states:

Clef

               The clef can be set or changed with the \clef command.

                 \clef clefname

               Shortcut for

                 \property Staff.clefGlyph = glyph associated with clefname
                 \property Staff.clefPosition = clef Y-position for clefname
                 \property Staff.clefOctavation = extra transposition of
clefname

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139