Re: libguile.so.9 problem

From: EagleIce
Subject: Re: libguile.so.9 problem
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 02:17:19 +0200

On Saturday 09 June 2001 23:54, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
> > Hello all!
> >
> > After installing Lilypond 1.4.2 in Caldera eDesktop 2.4 I get this when I
> > try to run it:
> >
> > lilypond: error in loading shared libraries: libguile.so.9: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > Can someone inform me why this is?
> > I know that libguile.so.9.0.0 is in /usr/local/lib and there is a
> > symbolic link libguile.so.9
>
> sorry for the delay, but are you sure that /usr/local/lib is in the
> library path? Check /etc/ld.so.conf and the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Thank's for your reply!
The lib path is OK. What I did was uninstalling all of the Lilypond install,
including the previous version which I had not removed before. Then I made a
new install with the rpm packages and now it seems to be working.
I'm impressed! Lilypond is getting better all the time, and the documentation
is really good.
Great job!

Cheers,
ei