Refman

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Refman
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:59:53 -0400

I'm sorry I haven't really combed through this very carefully
yet, but I stumbled on a few things.

Ch 3 Ref Man
3.4 Polyphony
parag 4
The dots are up when they should be down.  They indicate the
wrong note heads being dotted, which illustrates the reason for
the dots down rule, so it will make a good example when fixed.

Could you also make it the default to make a white notehead
on top of a black notehead white?  Why would anyone ever want it
the other way?

3.12.2 Printing Named Chords
parag 5

That is not a Cdim7.  A Cdim7 has a dim7 interval as well
as the diminished fifth and minor 3rd.  What you have is awkwardly
called a Cm7(b5).  It is correctly abbreviated in the other
schemes.

I don't like any of those schemes, and I'm happy to be able to
do my own, but you don't want something plain wrong out there.

What is c ees ges beses under that scheme?  Cdimdim7?  Cdimsum?
;-)

dra

Thank you Mats, I thought you'd never ask.  :-)
--
||/ Peace, understanding, health and happiness to all beings! ||
|-K ars sine scientia nihil                address@hidden ||