Re: Lily and petrucci (whaddapair!)

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: Lily and petrucci (whaddapair!)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 18:21:59 +0200 (MEST)

[Sorry for the late answer!]

> <dumb mode on>
> Uh...whassa MGG?
> <dumb mode off>
> <darn, it didn't work.>

;-) MGG = "Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart" (Baerenreiter,
Friedrich Blume), the biggest musicological encyclopedia that I know
of.  It has lots of excerpts from manuscripts, most of them printed rather
small, but some also in high resolution.  If you look into the index of
the MGG for Petrucci, you will find many dozens of entries.  But it is
rather difficult to find an excerpt from some specific manuscript, if you
do not know where exactly to look in the index.

> You can find some rather nicely sized scans

Ok.  Looks like there are even some more individual shapes than I already
found.  Before we get totally lost in a mass of font symbols, I would like
to suggest that we first try to get working a minimal set of font
symbols.  I hope to find some time to provide some accidentals for the
ancient font by the end of next week.  And, right, flags should be added
next.

Greetings,
            Juergen