Re: Patching Emacs for point-and-click

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Patching Emacs for point-and-click
Date: 29 Aug 2001 06:55:20 -0400

    Amy> I exchanged xdvi's for use of Point-and-click. Today I will patch
Emacs. One
    Amy> thing, however, what file contains the environment variable XEDITOR?
Couldn't
    Amy> find it in any of my main configuration files.

It's a shell variable.  So for testing purposes, you can say, if
you're using bash:

        export XEDITOR=emacs

or:

        export XEDITOR=<compiled-directory-name>/emacs

Then put this into the bash startup file in your home directory, for
instance .bashrc.  The same place you would modify the PATH
environment variable, if you do that.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139