gnu3dkit-dev

[Gnu3dkit-dev] another tuple q

From: Brent Gulanowski
Subject: [Gnu3dkit-dev] another tuple q
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:49:43 -0400

- (float *)elements
{
  return tuple;
}

Here you are giving away the goods, so to speak. At which point, I'm wondering why use an Obj-C class instead of a struct? I am not saying it's a bad thing, only that I'm getting mixed signals here. Would you consider returning a (const float *) to make it read only? If one wants to use the elements of a tuple/vector in a loop, wouldn't one be able to request a copy of the elements (using -setElements: ) before doing the loop work?

I'm just being the encapsulation religious purist for devil's advocate reasons. My personal feeling is that users are welcome to hang themselves if they want to use the rope for that purpose. But in case you've got a particular reason, I'm curious to hear it.
--
Brent Gulanowski                                address@hidden

Ce n'est pas une signature.     -Magritte