gnu3dkit-dev

Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] GSXView

From: Brent Gulanowski
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] GSXView
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:46:29 -0400

On Tuesday, October 22, 2002, at 02:46  PM, Frederic De Jaeger wrote:

+  to implement NSOpenGLView (that is what I'm interested in).  It
should be very easy, just attach a GL context to the sub X window,
using glX (I suppose it is the way it is done in gtkglarea)

You may already know this, but I thought I would explicitly mention that the NSOpenGLView (in Cocoa) is purely a convenience class. In a way which probably is analogous to the approach you mention, one can attach an NSOpenGLContext to any NSView. All that is necessary is to inform the context whenever the NSView changes size (by means of -update, if I remember correctly).

--
Brent Gulanowski                                address@hidden

http://inkubator.idevgames.com/
Working together to make great software.