RE: GNOME-DB 0.1.0 released!

From: Reinhard Müller
Subject: RE: GNOME-DB 0.1.0 released!
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 02:02:47 +0100

> well, as I said other times, the move to GTK+ objects to GLib seems
> straightforward, so the solution here is to add checks to configure
> about the GLib version being used, and add appropriate #ifdef's in the
> code (mainly only to replace the gtk_object_* calls).
>
> So, if you want to have a try at this, it will be wonderful.

I won't promise anything here, but I will give it a try and keep you informed :)
Current status: not yet started ;-) - maybe will start over this weekend.

> The other thing remaining is the GNOME::GenericFactory interface, which
> must be replace by the OAF's ObjectFactory. I'm working also on this, so
> it will be done very soon.

Ok, so I will keep my hands off from that one.

> And I think there are no more things to do.

... except cleaning up the #include's everywhere, but that's a piece of cake
then :)

> > BTW: I will update the Quick Hacker's Guide for 0.1.0 and send you
> > soon. Did you already change something (or have something in mind
> > that should be changed) so let me know.
> >
> I haven't done anything, so it would be great if you try to merge it
> with the current docs (libgda/doc/C/libgda.sgml).

I did the update this evening and committed it to gnue cvs. As soon as
some proofreading has been done, I will send it to you per email - or if
you like you can check it out yourself.

Actually I don't like the thought of merging it with the existing documentation,
because it adresses an other audience. The existing documentations describes
libgda from a user's view (user = a programmer that writes a program that
calls libgda functions), and the QHG describes it from a hacker's view
(hacker = somebody that wants to understand and/or change the code of
libgda itself).
But certainly it's up to you to decide.

Thanks,
Reinhard