Re: Quick Books To 'Open' API's and Possibly Code Too

From: Rich Bodo
Subject: Re: Quick Books To 'Open' API's and Possibly Code Too
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:01:04 -0800 (PST)

I currently use quickbooks.  Since my business is very small (maybe
typical for QuickBooks users), I actually have handwritten/paper
records of every transaction as well as those in QuickBooks.  I rely
on QuickBooks to check my math, print docs, and for the peace of mind
that the database brings.  If GNUE had/has the data structures and forms
in place, I could probably balance the books, start a GNUE database,
and dump QuickBooks right now.  I will probably want to export my
QuickBooks data, but I can do that right now.  QuickBooks will create
ascii text files of my company data that are pretty simple.  I don't
know if they are in a standard format or not.  Their extension is
".iif".  Maybe just a parser for the .iif files would be helpful.
Just a reference point.

-Rich

Rich Bodo | address@hidden | 650-964-4678