wiki [Was Re: The trick to build PySablot and an updated SuSE-GNUe-HOWTO

From: Jason Cater
Subject: wiki [Was Re: The trick to build PySablot and an updated SuSE-GNUe-HOWTO]
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:07:26 -0500

I know that some don't like the idea of a GNUe wiki, but I'd like us to
consider it again. Someone mentioned they didn't like the idea of doing
docs in wiki at the expense of some traditional format.

However, this is exactly why wikis would be sooo useful --
user-contributed howto's, notes, samples, etc. Our users are a wealth of
information. Especially when it comes to installation. Most of the core
developers are Debian-biased, so it's hard for us to document the steps
for other *nixes.

Either way, let's at least get these user contributed HOW-TOs up on the
web somewhere. I was looking for the RedHat-HOWTO last week, but could not
find it anywhere.

-- Jason