Re: question on designer

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: question on designer
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:33:06 -0600

Roger,

Sorry, I missed this bug report.  In the future, you might want to ask
questions using our mailing list, instead of the bug report system.

As to 1 (events support in designer), 0.4.x has poor event support in
Designer. Most of us have opened the .gfd file in a text editor to add
trigger code.  I know, this is bad.

However, 0.5.0 has much improved editing support.  The prereleases for
0.5.0 are at http://www.gnuenterprise.org/downloads/prereleases.php/ and
a screenshot of Designer can be found at
http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~jcater/screenshots/designer-docks3.png .
Notice the Trigger mapper in the lower left corner, and a trigger code
editor in the lower right corner.  We expect to do a 0.5.0 release in
the next few weeks.

As to #2, I can't comment on this. I'm curious if it happens in 0.5.0.
Our i18n team is working hard on improving font (and general encoding)
support in the upcoming release, so I hope this is resolved.

I hope this helps.  In the future, try out our mailing lists,
address@hidden, so others can give their input too.

Thanks,

-- Jason

-- Original message sent to address@hidden

Issue: Received via e-Mail Gateway: Dear administrator

I am new to GNUe, installed designer 0.4.2, I would like to ask a few
 general questions:

1. how can I write codes for an event of an object. e.g. event for
 post-change of an entry box.
 I tried to right click on the entry -> highlight Events -> click
 Post-change, but nothing happened.

2. In property inspector, the property name on right-hand side shows
 only square blocks instead of the property name. It seems to be a
 problem of character set. I am using Red Hat 8, running Gnome and KDE3,
 default language English and capable to display Chinese, Japanese.
There
 was no such problem in version 0.4.0. and Windows version 0.4.1

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards
 Roger Pang