Re: [GNUe] New GNUe Documetation

From: chafar
Subject: Re: [GNUe] New GNUe Documetation
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 02:26:31 +0100

El vie, mar 19, a las 16:19:06 James Thompson escrib?a:

> > I see, pdf format. I've been all the day bussy wiht XSL sheets to make
> > HTML versions from xsw files on the packages, because I'd like having
> > all possible documentation available from firefox tabs when I work. In
> > fact, you can see a preliminary, still without CSS, vesion here:
> > http://www.alcances.net/~chafar/gnue/common_Developers-Guide.
>
> This looks nice.  I do not understand how you are creating it.  Are you
> exporting the OpenOffice file to flat XML then processing it?

Oh, sxw files are just zip files; you can just extract the content
(gunzip doesn't like extension, so I use unzip) and nearly everything
you get is XML. The more interesting ones are content.xml and meta.xml.

> > I wonder if you still use xsw file as source and, if so, you could make
> > it available, or send me a copy.
>
> I have added the sxw files to the site for the gnue-forms and gnue-common
> guides.  You can get them from
>
> http://www.gnuenterprise.org/tools/forms/
> http://www.gnuenterprise.org/tools/common/
>

> > Of course, XSL sheets could be usefull for the project, and, if so, I
> > will be pleased collaborating in it.
> >

> I would be interested in learning more.

Thought should be possible making an XSL sheet capable of process every
detail of the source, would be very difficult, because de structure is
complex. But using a light policy making the source, a nearly simple XSL
sheet can do an acceptable job.

I'm using three stylesheets for each of oo, gnue-oo and site levels.
You can get them at http://www.alcances.net/~chafar/gnue/xsl/, (this is
not a permanent location, only for now).

greetings
--
Jos? Esteban
Granada - Spain