Re: [GNUe] Help with firing an event from a button

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Help with firing an event from a button
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 07:55:47 -0600

On Thursday 25 March 2004 05:41 pm, address@hidden wrote:
> I've developed and maintained for many years enterprise apps, and I know
> exactly what UI functionality I need. As a programmer, it's supposed I
> am able to implement them for my users, but I'm new both to GNUe and
> python, and there are many things about both I must know before
> implementing solutions for things I care. Of course, when it's the
> moment, I'll try it looking with all of you the best way from GNUe point
> of view.

José,

I think the point that James was trying to convey is that we don't want people
using internal events inside triggers, not that we don't want to expose that
functionality for trigger writers to use.

This is the first time someone has asked to be able to do to that from a
trigger, which likely is why triggers currently can't.  It is something we
can add, though. We don't consider our trigger namespace nearly complete yet.

In other words, we are certainly willing to add new methods to the trigger
namespace if people need new functions. I think that any event a user can do
via keystrokes should also be accessible somehow via a trigger to the end
developer.

-- Jason