Re: [GNUe] curious....

From: Stefan Elwesthal
Subject: Re: [GNUe] curious....
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 20:56:16 +0800

Hi again!

> The gcd file is an XML file. Have a look at
> gnue/gnue-appserver/sample/samplegcd

Alright, I'll download the nightly snapshot (never tried svn) and check them
out.

> It should be a goal to collaborate on gnue packages, rather than
> individual development on several smaller (maybe non official gnue)
> packages.

Exactly my thought. Why should everyone invent the wheel allover? It should be
possible to create a "base package", and later tweak this whenever necessary.
In my work, I know that will be.. all the time, everyone have their own
thoughts and requirements about how something should work. Anyway, making this
as easy as possible should save a lot of time and work.

Actually, there should be more sharing (maybe I think that because I'm the one
in the situation that wants something handed to me.. until i learn more ;). The
wiki is a good start though, hopefully there will be more howto's, hints and
manuals.

> Thats probably where complexity comes in. To design packages, that can
> be used in different scenarios, fullfills the needs of different users.

I'm all with you. And besides, whatabout standards? All business systems work
with files, SIE, EDI and whatever anyone can come up with. Has anyone ever
created (report-generator?) files like this with GNUe today?

Regards
Stefan