Re: [GNUe] curious....

From: Sacha Schlegel
Subject: Re: [GNUe] curious....
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:53:11 +0200

Hi Stefan

> I'm all with you. And besides, whatabout standards? All business systems work
> with files, SIE, EDI and whatever anyone can come up with. Has anyone ever
> created (report-generator?) files like this with GNUe today?

If you look at the example dummy application I did (was taking about 3
weeks) at http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~sachas/screens/

you see that it is easy to produce a pdf for example. jason cater is the
main author of gnue-reports. Apparently he used it to create mass
letters, send emails or even send faxes.

If you are developping with gnue-appserver, you have procedures
available in the appserver. In a procedure you can import any python
library. So if you have or know of an EDI python library you can import
it ... create your EDI message ... and send it to a EDI gateway.

I have no experience with real world data exchange. But currently I have
the following setup working. See message:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnue-dev/2004-06/msg00003.html

Needs some clean up, but its a proof of idea.

Sacha

> Regards
> Stefan
Sacha                                   Schlegel
public key:            www.schlegel.li/sacha.gpg