Re: [GNUe] Could I..

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Could I..
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:35:11 +0200

Am Mit, den 09.06.2004 schrieb Stefan Elwesthal um 9:57:
> I planned to use the appserver as a communicator/integrator where I
> read incoming textfiles in reality-mode (from as FTP folder), convert
> and update my backbone database, and print out a file with the occured
> changes? This should not be a problem as I see it?

Well, this is certainly not a typical business database application, and
therefore probably not a good starting point to experiment with gnue.

> I'm not sure though how (if at all) the appServer works on a winbox? I
> thought of using this app for some real data, and the only driver that
> I have is a win-ODBC driver.

AFAIK that should work.

> Any thoughts? Shopuld i stick to my SuSE server for the AppServer?

Must developers use GNU/Linux, so AppServer is certainly better tested
under GNU/Linux than under Windows.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller