Re: [GNUe] appserver setup and appserver_howto

From: Stefan Elwesthal
Subject: Re: [GNUe] appserver setup and appserver_howto
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 19:51:54 +0800

> Instead, if I change to a line like this in pg_hba.conf:
>
> host    all  127.0.0.1   255.0.0.0   trust
>
> then appserver doesn't fail with IDENT error and, instead, psql client
> fails with it.

I'm a Postgres newbie too, and have sad some foul worlds about pg_hba.conf. i
do think though, that this is weather or not you allow connections using tcp/ip

Try to put both:
host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 trust and
localhost all all trust

Then you allow Tcp/ip AND sockets... i think.. :)

Regards
Stefan