Re: [GNUe] on to communications

From: Craig White
Subject: Re: [GNUe] on to communications
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:54:56 -0700

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 12:55, Derek Neighbors wrote:
> It has been for ever since I used Red Hat try...
>
> rpm -qa |grep -i postgres
>
> If that returns some postgres packages its a start and it means the
> command works... then try
>
> rpm -qa |grep -i pysco
>
> If that turns up a blank you need to install the pyscopg packages for your
> distribution...
>
> I am not sure if rpm's exist.  If not I would try another python-postgres
> driver as we support half a dozen of them (or so it feels like)...

----
rpms no
psycopg wouldn't compile on my system so per Derek's suggestion, I moved
on.
pypgsql compiled and worked...GNUe-Forms had some display issues so I
temporarily moved on to GNUe-designer

$ gnue-designer
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/gnue-designer", line 30, in ?
    from gnue.designer import Designer
  File "/usr/local/gnue/lib/python/gnue/designer/Designer.py", line 65,
in ?
    from wxPython.wx import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/__init__.py", line 20,
in ?
    import wxc
ImportError: /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.4.so.0: undefined symbol:
_gtk_accel_group_detach

Is this a problem with my wxPythonGTK2 version?
rpm -qa|grep wxPython
wxPythonGTK2-2.4.2.4-0.fdr.3.2

Craig