Re: Progress - was Re: [GNUe] on to communications

From: Craig White
Subject: Re: Progress - was Re: [GNUe] on to communications
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 06:32:29 -0700

On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 00:37, Bajusz Tamás wrote:
> > DB000:   File "/usr/local/gnue/lib/python/gnue/designer/base/Icons.py",
> > line 44, in ?
> > DB000:     if sys.platform != 'win32':
> > DB000: NameError: name 'sys' is not defined
> >
> > and of course, I am dumped. Did get pretty far and got nice splash
> > screen. I can see in the file Icons.py but I haven't a clue why it's
> > breaking. Clues?
> >
> > Craig
> >

> It was fixed in svn before.
> Please try to install from svn or from snapshots.
> http://www.gnuenterprise.org/downloads/snapshots.php
>
> Or in Icons.py just add the line:
> import sys
>
> Bajusz Tamás
>
> ps: gnue-designer is a wxpython app, so -u option makes no sense here
-----
I guess that brings up the issue of whether I should be using svn rather
than trying to use stable or snapshots.

so I added sys to Icons.py and that worked but bailed out at...

DB000:   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wx/gdi.py", line 3485,
in AddIcon
DB000:     return _gdi.ImageList_AddIcon(*args, **kwargs)
DB000: wx.core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "bitmap.GetWidth() ==
m_width && bitmap.GetHeight() == m_height" failed in
../src/generic/imaglist.cpp(74): invalid bitmap size in wxImageList:
this might work on this platform but definitely won't under Windows.

so it became obvious that I would have to install the snapshot.

I can't figure out equivalent to python uninstall so I went to snapshot
tarball and simply ./setup.py figured the files would get overwritten.
Same problem. Does that mean that I have to replace other (perhaps
forms) from the snapshot too?

Craig

ps - figured out about designer being wxpython app which is why I
persevered to get it working.