Re: [GNUe] on to communications

From: Craig White
Subject: Re: [GNUe] on to communications
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:11:08 -0700

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 09:54, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 12:55, Derek Neighbors wrote:
> > It has been for ever since I used Red Hat try...
> >
> > rpm -qa |grep -i postgres
> >
> > If that returns some postgres packages its a start and it means the
> > command works... then try
> >
> > rpm -qa |grep -i pysco
> >
> > If that turns up a blank you need to install the pyscopg packages for your
> > distribution...
> >
> > I am not sure if rpm's exist.  If not I would try another python-postgres
> > driver as we support half a dozen of them (or so it feels like)...
> >
> ----
> rpms no
> psycopg wouldn't compile on my system so per Derek's suggestion, I moved
> on.
> pypgsql compiled and worked...GNUe-Forms had some display issues so I
> temporarily moved on to GNUe-designer
>
> $ gnue-designer
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/gnue-designer", line 30, in ?
>     from gnue.designer import Designer
>   File "/usr/local/gnue/lib/python/gnue/designer/Designer.py", line 65,
> in ?
>     from wxPython.wx import *
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/__init__.py", line 20,
> in ?
>     import wxc
> ImportError: /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.4.so.0: undefined symbol:
> _gtk_accel_group_detach
>
> Is this a problem with my wxPythonGTK2 version?
> rpm -qa|grep wxPython
> wxPythonGTK2-2.4.2.4-0.fdr.3.2
----
OK - got forms to work, in gtk2 - wxPythonGTK2 is still a no go...

gnue-forms -u gtk2 some.gfd #works really well

gnue-designer doesn't seem to understand -u gtk2 option and heads
straight for wxPythonGTK2 which generates the above error. The Users
Guide for GNUe-Designer doesn't offer any clues as to options for the
user interface and gnue-designer --help doesn't work either. Tech
reference is blank document.

I even copied /usr/local/gnue/etc/sample.gnue.conf to
/usr/local/gnue/etc/gnue.conf and 'uncommented' gtk2 as preferred UI if
not specified on command line (which works for gnue-forms).

Is there a way to use gnue-designer in GTK2?

Craig