Re: [GNUe] GNUe client for industrial PDA?

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] GNUe client for industrial PDA?
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:48:20 +0200

Am Son, den 10.10.2004 schrieb Wolfgang Keller um 21:52:
> Then a full relational database will be required, even on PDAs. Or is there
> another way to get away with a few flat files, maybe XML?

SQLite might be what you are looking at. It's an embedded database,
basically a library built around flat files making it possible to use
SQL on them.
Due to a bug in gnue-common, SQLite doesn't work with field names that
contain uppercase characters, but we are working on that. If you use all
lowercase names, SQLite works perfectly.

Apart from that, database access in GNUe runs over a quite flexible
plugin system, and writing a new database driver isn't really a big
deal.

Currently, the dbf driver is read only, too.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller
GNU Enterprise project