Re: [GNUe] Inverse Master/Detail relations

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Inverse Master/Detail relations
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:48:36 -0500

James,

With our "query-by-detail" support, is there any advantage to reverse
master/detail now? Simply have the detail block come before the master block
on the layout page.  The "master" would then be the proper "primary" table
(relationally speaking), so inserts shouldn't fail.

Or am I not thinking through this question fully and missing something.

Also, we have a primarykeyseq="sequencename" attribute on datasources now, so
the pre-insert trigger is no longer necessary.

-- Jason