Re: [GNUe] Cursor keys

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Cursor keys
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:09:53 +0100

Am Montag, den 12.02.2007, 21:18 -0600 schrieb Kenneth Reiszner:
> It actually sounds good to me. I particularly like the last four which
> add additional keyboard functionality or is it that I have missed
> something.

There are function keys now for that:
F5 - delete record
F6 - commit
F11 - clear form
F12 - insert record

Not completely intuitive, I guess these key bindings come from some
other database app that the developers have used before.

> BTW I am using the synaptic installed gnue under ubuntu 6.06 whit
> several flat file lists with forms. However, I have yet to be able to
> run designer without it crashing. Could this be a package problem or
> is it a version problem or ?

It's probably both the debian/ubuntu packages and designer itself that
would need more care.

> I have been considering altering the gfd's manually but have yet to
> find documentation supporting this. Or should I as a user always
> install from source until gnue is farther along?

This documentation is currently being written.

> Also the wiki is down.

Yes, we had issues with spam and had to turn it off temporarly.

Thanks,
Reinhard