Re: [GNUe] Form on Ubuntu won't work on gtk2

From: Kenneth Reiszner
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Form on Ubuntu won't work on gtk2
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 01:13:09 -0500

I was under the misconception that the term wx26 meant that wxgtk2.6 needed to be installed. In the meantime I have cleaned my machine of needless packages and revived several gfd files prepared with Designer and they seem to be working well.

I was impressed with the error rendering when I loaded the old gfd files with Forms. It led me to delete the offending code that appears to be no longer needed.

BTW how difficult a task would it be for someone with essentially no programing skills to upgrade Designer to a workable state?

Ken