gnugeneration

[Gnugeneration] GNU Generation logo proposal

From: Mauro Bonotto
Subject: [Gnugeneration] GNU Generation logo proposal
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 23:29:44 -0300

Hi guys!

I'm currently working in the GNU Generarion Logo project (http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/GNU_Generation_Logo).

Anyway, I decided to write this because I've been having some problems while I tried to think of new ideas. The main reason is because I can't find the way to simplify in images two concepts that I think are very important for a GNU Generation logo: Youth and Future.

So, I need your help:

If you have to think in a graphic way to describe Youth and Future, how would it be?

This was the FIRST reason of this message. But really not the main reason:

The SECOND reason has something to do with this. It's a proposal: I was thinking that a good way to really start thinking about ideas for a GNU Generation logo is by making a list of important words that are included in the concept of GNU Generation:

Some could be:

Gnu,
Software Libre,
Youth,
Future,
Learning,
Community,

Etc...

So, the idea is to make a secton in the top of the Wiki page of the GNU Generation Logo project where the list is included, and concepts could be discuss, and how to make concepts graphically could be discussed too.

If you think is ok, I'll make it.

So, let's get to it!

Mauro Bonotto
Argentina