gnugeneration

[Gnugeneration] Time to submit progress reports!

From: Max Shinn
Subject: [Gnugeneration] Time to submit progress reports!
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:26:17 -0500

Hello all!
September is just around the corner!  If you have been working on anything
free software related this month, it is time to submit a progress report
before we choose the "member of the month".  These "reports" are meant to be
informal; all they do is make it easier for the judging panel to understand
the stuff you have been doing.  These reports should include everything you
personally have done for free software within the last month, whether or not
it was through the GNU Generation program.  What's the catch?  You have to do
it as succinctly as possible.

Again, it should not be a formal report.  The "report" can be a list of bullet
points in incomplete sentences if you want.  Just don't feel obligated to
stretch it out to a huge number of words if you don't need them.  Like
always, quantity means nothing in comparison to quality and efficiency.
Twenty five words is plenty if that is all you need.  Please don't go over
100 words unless you really need to.  Your time would be better spent on
anything free software related than it would on ornamenting and wordsmithing
a paragraph.

If you have done anything at all this month related to free software, even if
you don't think you have a chance at getting member of the month, remember
that submitting an short progress report anyway may positively impact your
chances in the future! :)

Email these to me (address@hidden) before Friday, September 4th.  Include your
real name, your username on the GNU Generation wiki, and your paragraph.  In
addition to your report, we will look at your profile and any projects you
are involved in once we start to narrow it down.  Anything you may have
said/done on IRC or the mailing list will also be taken into account as well,
if applicable.

Thanks a lot, and I look forward to reading about what everyone has been
doing!

--
Max Shinn
Free Software Foundation Intern