Re: [gnugo-devel] arend_1_23.4: experimental influence

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] arend_1_23.4: experimental influence
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:13:41 +0100 (CET)

> 2. As for not to overvalue followup values too much, the total sum of all
>   intrusion sources "originating from a stone" may not be bigger than
>   the strength of the stone itself. (This rule is also used in
>   initial_influence/move_influence etc. It has some smoothening effects
>   there as well.)
I have a question here. To do what I describe above, I need to attribute
the influence source to a specific O stone that appears in the pattern.
Currently, I just take an arbitrary O stone in the pattern (just the
last one appearing in the pattern array), which is somewhat nonsense
of course.

Question: Is there a good way to single out an O stone in a pattern so
that the callback function can identify this one? Otherwise, the only
good but not very elegant solution that comes to my mind is adding the
intrusion source (for Intrusion patterns with more than one O stone)
by a s.th. like an
>add_intrusion_source(a,!)
action.