Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 3.1.32 - VC inconsistencies

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 3.1.32 - VC inconsistencies
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:35:01 -0400

At 09:14 PM 4/15/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Gunnar Farneback wrote:
>
>> Trevor wrote:
>> > ./regress.sh . trevora.tst
>> > 140 unexpected FAIL: Correct 'G4', got 'D4'
>> > ./regress.sh . lazarus.tst
>> > 6 unexpected FAIL: Correct 'H3', got 'H2'
>> > ./regress.sh . nngs.tst
>> > 770 unexpected FAIL: Correct '!K2', got 'K2'
>> > ./regress.sh . trevorc.tst
>> > 350 unexpected FAIL: Correct 'E3', got 'J4'
>> > ./regress.sh . global.tst
>> > 14 unexpected FAIL: Correct 'S9', got 'E1'
>
>> Do this for both platforms and save the debug output to files. Compare
>> them to see where they differ. The most likely result (my guess) is
>> that some owl_attack or owl_defend trace differs. In that case, run
>
>I think your guess is right here if the behaviour is still the same as the
>one listed on http://www.public32.com/regress/?trevora:140
>and the dragon in question is C4, so the command line used should be:
>
>gnugo --quiet -a -w -t -d0xa -l games/trevor/auto/a005.sgf -L 12
>--decide-dragon C4 -o vars.sgf
>
>As these are only 100-200 variations, this looks analyzable. If someone has
>only access to VC, he could also e-mail me the output + vars.sgf and I will
>have a look at it. (Of course, Trevor, if you have time to do that, you
>could put up the results somewhere on www.public32.com - that would be great.)
>
>Arend

Here's the output from this command:
  http://www.public32.com/games/go/trevora.140.sgf
  http://www.public32.com/games/go/trevora.140.out

Presumably, I could debug this myself with a cygwin build (which I've not yet
verified doesn't have the same problem).  I'll try to find some time in the
next week,
but I'm pretty swamped these days with other obligations.
-Trevor