Re: [gnugo-devel] regress.plx

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] regress.plx
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 07:21:27 -0700

> The following patches removes these (innocuous) warnings.
>   http://www.public32.com/games/go/trevor_3_2.2
>
> (never used trevor_3_2.1)
>
> You'll want to set up regress.plx as a cgi program.

Why is regress.plx designed to be run as a cgi program?

As far as I know CGI is used for things like access counters
where html is produced on the fly.

When I access http://www.public32.com/regress/ is there
a CGI engine running in the background? I imagined that
the html was produced ahead of time and just sitting
in a directory. Is this wrong?

The regression html views are an important tool which it's
easy to get dependent on. Last month I felt slightly
hampered during the tuning of nngs1 because not all the
tests were on your web page, which was not current
then. (Currently, the new handtalk tests are not there.)

I'd like to be able to generate html locally to view
with netscape when the page at public32 is not up to date.

Dan