Re: [gnugo-devel] icky bug

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] icky bug
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 16:57:55 -0700

> Hi,
>
> .sgf attached ...
>
> After my Black C11 on move 214, gnugo played (via latest Jago version) a
> "replacement stone move" on top of black B10.  I undid the move a couple
> times and gnugo appeared to replay the move again and again.  Weird.
>
> Mike

I'm not sure what happened in this game. It is possible that the bug
is GNU Go or it is possible that the bug is in Jago. My guess is
that GNU Go and Jago had different opinions as to what stones were
on the board.

Early in the file there is a comment "Undo" no variation in the sgf file.
We know that GNU Go 3.0.0 had a bug which occasionally surfaced in
games where moves were taken back using CGoban 1. Presumably this
bug was fixed in GNU Go 3.2, where undo was reimplemented.

On the other hand we recently saw an sgf file created by Jago
in which some moves were put down twice. This is a different
symptom than your game but suggests there could be a bug recently
introduced in Jago.

Daniel Bump