Re: [gnugo-devel] DFA compile speedup (trevor_3_3.2)

From: Tanguy URVOY
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] DFA compile speedup (trevor_3_3.2)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 17:11:56 +0200

Trevor Morris wrote:

> Note that all of the DFA functions used to take a dfa_t * parameter - this
> is no longer used in dfa_add_string(..).  The upshot is that it's only
> possible to build one DFA at a time (without calls to init_dfa() ).  I'm
> not sure this wasn't the case before, and it's currently never attempted
> anyway.  Not sure it this is considered a problem.

My opinion about dfa_addstring() is that it should be
removed from the code, dfa_finalize do the job better.
My first idea was to write a kind of "generic" code,
it is natural for functions like sync_prod(...) but
not for local functions like dfa_add_string() or dfa_finalize().

Your patch seems ok to me.

Tanguy

--
Tanguy Urvoy http://www.turvoy.fr.st