Re: [gnugo-devel] DFA compile speedup (trevor_3_3.2)

From: Tanguy URVOY
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] DFA compile speedup (trevor_3_3.2)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 18:48:35 +0200

Trevor Morris wrote:

> Is it possible that building the DFA in a different order (as this
> patch does) changes the order of the matching?

The DFA product is an associative and
comutative operation: GxH=HxG, (GxH)xI=Gx(HxI).

So it should be possible to keep the same compilation order.
What may not be commutative is the ordering of the
pattern's ID indexed in each state.

agreed !
I was trying to understand this problem,
graph product is acommutative and associative operator,
but not ID ordering !

The problem was due to a hack to avoid dfa copies.
I a trying to propose you another solution for
dfa_merge(dfa_t *pdfa, dfa_t *dfa_list,int dfa_num)

Tanguy Urvoy http://www.turvoy.fr.st