Re: [gnugo-devel] auto generated regression tests

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] auto generated regression tests
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:23:34 -0700

> Did GNU Go play the passes at the "end" of auto010.sgf?? That would be
> very weird, and it doesn't happen when I let GNU Go generate a move
> there. Would be quite a bug.

With matcher_status as Evan implemented it, a sequence of calls:

genmove_black
matcher_status
genmove_white
matcher_status

would lead to early passes. We don't know why this was.

The version of matcher_check in 3.3.6 when used with 3.3.6 does not
exhibit this behavior. Apparently this bug disappeared with Gunnar's
revision to the gtp function matcher_status, now called
dragon_status.

Dan